[OpenWrt-Devel] dnsmasq not leasing after a while. Sometimes more than 5 times a day

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Mon May 27 15:03:38 EDT 2019

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Periša <darkman.hr at gmail.com> writes:

Denis> Yes, dnsmasq is still running but lease is not given.. I don't
Denis> know how to debug it more.  Configuration is simple, one subnet
Denis> range 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.200 on wlan0 interface for
Denis> example. But it's not wifi issue, local also.  It sends mail as
Denis> soon as error is detected and restarts dnsmasq after which it
Denis> works. Device is not rebooting.  OpenWrt 18.06-SNAPSHOT,
Denis> r7766-e9a7344550

Denis> Also my scripts checkes two times just to rule out false
Denis> negative.  Also, more public exposure or none is pretty much
Denis> same.. I have device which gets maybe 1-2 person and one with 50
Denis> .. behaving same. After a while it stops responding. Any more
Denis> debug I could use somewhere?

There may be another dhcp server detected on the network. See "force"
option here:

  https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/dhcp#dhcp_pools

And/or post the contents of /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf.cfg*

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net