[OpenWrt-Devel] Snort package

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Sun Mar 24 17:08:37 EDT 2019

I have proposed two pull requests which together update the OpenWrt Snort
package to 3.0.0-beta. I thought I might mention this here, because this
will affect current Snort users, as the configuration and rule syntax
has changed since the version-2 series.

The first pull request updates libdaq to 2.2.2. This version appears
incompatible with the version-2 series of Snort, but it is required
for 3.0.0-beta. Merging this would render the current Snort package
unable to build, but it would permit building my proposed Snort 3.0.0-beta
package.

The second pull request is for Snort itself. I packaged 3.0.0-beta because
the folks behind Snort have not published a final release schedule,
and 3.0.0-beta has existed for some time.

I am interested in hearing from any OpenWrt/Snort users about the idea
of jumping to 3.0.0.

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/8490 (libdaq)
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/8491 (snort)

--