[OpenWrt-Devel] ipq40xx: backport I2C QUP changes from 4.17

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 07:16:02 EST 2019

Hello,

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 8:57:03 PM CET Piotr Dymacz wrote:
> I'm observing various I2C related issues on ALFA Network AP120C-AC board
> with AT97SC3205T TPM module. As there was a major update of the I2C QUP
> driver in 4.17, I decided to backport whole series [1].
>
> I have patch ready in my staging tree [2] and would like to get feedback
> from others, using I2C on ipq40xx board, just to make sure this doesn't
> introduce any regressions.
>
> This driver is also used on ipq806x platform but AFAIK there are no
> boards using I2C bus there.
>
> [1] https://do-db2.lkml.org/lkml/2018/3/12/432
> [2] https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/staging/pepe2k.git

Can you please tell us what I2C issues you observed with the
AP120C-AC board and the Atmel/Microchip AT97SC3205T TPM chip?
Is this something related to I2C Fast Mode or Fm+?

I have never seen any issue with the MR33's i2c-attached EEPROM
and LED-controller. However, I guess nobody really (can) push the
EEPROM or LED-Controller hard enough to trigger an issue.

Regards,
Christian