[OpenWrt-Devel] ath10k-ct crash Archer C7 v2 - OpenWrt r10307-629e6538a1 - k4.19

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 24 16:06:21 EDT 2019

On 6/24/19 12:34 PM, Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:

>> On 24 Jun 2019, at 19:51, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 6/23/19 3:33 AM, Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:
>>> Unfortunately flyspray won’t let me create a task, so filing this here so it doesn’t get lost.
>>> Archer C7 v2 - OpenWrt r10307-629e6538a1 - k4.19
>>> Recently seen the following firmware crashes on the device.  Seems to be related to my macbook coming out of power save mode.
>>> There's been a recent ath10k-ct firmware bump so unclear if this is a wireless firmware bug or a kernel driver bug, or both.  Maybe the crashlog holds a clue.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does this seem to be a regression, or it never worked well, or you just started testing
>> this type of scenario?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>
> It’s a regression for me at least.  Not seen it before.

Does it seem to happen often enough to be something you could bisect?

Also, please try the firmware I attached to the previous email to Koen.  It has debugging
for the crash you saw.  I have comments in the nearby code from old strange issues seen there,
so not sure it is something new or just maybe triggering some old bug.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>