[OpenWrt-Devel] ath10k-ct 4.19 and IBSS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 24 16:04:27 EDT 2019

On 6/24/19 8:32 AM, Koen Vandeputte wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Hi All,
>
> So I'm going to give this another try ..
> As the IBSS functionality is heavily advertised as a delta to mainline, it would be very nice to get it working also :)
>
> Testing the latest ath10k-ct driver and firmware seems to be a step back compared to roughly a month ago.
>
> I'm currently seeing the firmware crashing, which was not the case before:
>

> ath10k-ct + htt-fw:
>
> https://pastebin.com/raw/7Sy9yx6s

Looks like firmware ran out of some WMI event buffers and crashed instead of handling
it more gracefully.

Please try the attached (untested) firmware and see if it behaves better.

> ath10k-ct + non-htt-fw:
>
> https://pastebin.com/raw/bqVqQmXq
>

> Mixing upstream ath10k driver with the non-htt CT fw does not work.
>
> Errors are seen here regarding missing IE's and stuff.
> Also IBSS functionality is not shown when running 'iw list'

IBSS requires ct driver plus ct firmware, at least.

I'd expect the regular driver to work in normal STA/AP mode, though it would likely
warn about IEs.  Should be warning only though.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>