[OpenWrt-Devel] New ath10k-ct firmware and driver available
greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 13 11:54:36 EDT 2019
Here are recent release notes:
* May 9, 2019: Tweak rate-ctrl: Ramp PER up faster, down slower. This helps throughput
in rate-vs-range test, especially with nss1.
* May 20, 2019: Disable adaptive-CCA. I am not sure it helps, and it may make it slower
to detect noise that should tell the system to stop transmitting. If someone
has means to test this properly, I'd be happy to work with them.
* May 15, 2019 Fix problem where rate-ctrl sometimes used rix of 0x0.
* May 15, 2019 Allow raw-tx of encrypted frame. Requires a patch to the driver to use
raw mode when skb has WEP flag enabled AND skb is flagged to not be
encrypted. Lightly tested.
* May 16, 2019 Fix tx-hang that happened when rate-ctrl chose an OFDM rate for 20Mhz
and sent that as AMPDU. To fix, limit to (V)HT rates if peer is (V)HT.
It seems that MCS0 (V)HT20 should have as good of a chance of being
detected as CCK or OFDM.
* June 6, 2019 Disable TX-BFEE, TX-BFER for IBSS connections. I suspect this is part of the tx-hang
issue seen with IBSS between two 9984 radios.
* June 12, 2019 Fix rx-rate reporting in 'fw_stats' logic. This was at least partly due to regressions
I had added earlier when working on some multi-vdev enhancements.
* June 12, 2019 Fix case where extd peer-stats were not always populated. The stats gathering
code did not handle error conditions well.
Driver changes include:
* Fixing mfp/pmf for management frames (in htt-mgt mode)
* Sven's txpower related fixes
* raw tx of encrypted frames works (on wave 2, at least)
Here are the new locations and checksums for the firmware images.
commit a045b1ce61fe0908468c019e17a3848f7842c927 (HEAD -> master, origin/master)
Author: Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>
Date: Thu Jun 13 08:45:12 2019 -0700
ath10k: Improve PMF/MPF mgt frame check
And add a driver for 5.2 (beta, not even tested yet) kernel.
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>
Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel