[OpenWrt-Devel] Running Raspberry Pi 3 OpenWrt in QEMU

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Mon Jun 3 03:37:25 EDT 2019

W. Michael Petullo <mike at flyn.org> [2019-06-02 17:56:28]:

Hi,

> I am interested in running the Raspberry Pi 3 OpenWrt image (built from
> commit a1210f88) in QEMU.

any reason why you can't use armvirt 32/64 images?

>  I am close to accomplishing this, but the kernel panics soon after booting.

You've probably hit some unhandled corner case in the dwc driver.

[...]

> The kernel call stack at the time of the crash appears to be:
>
> DWC_READ_REG32
> dwc_otg_driver_probe
> platform_drv_probe
> driver_probe_device
> __driver_attach
> bus_for_each_dev
> driver_attach
> bus_add_driver
> driver_register
> __platform_driver_register
> dwc_otg_driver_init
> do_one_initcall
> kernel_init_freeable
> kernel_init
> ret_from_fork
>
> Has anyone had more luck with this?

Can you please create a ticket on bugs.openwrt.org with a complete kernel
crash report? You should provide complete kernel crash, copy&paste it from the
log, this stripped down version doesn't help much. Thanks.

-- ynezz