[OpenWrt-Devel] Why ath79 has been made source-only on 19.07?

Dmitry Tunin hanipouspilot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:29:27 EDT 2019

> e) if you want to use ath79, you should use snapshot images (and expect support) or
>    build 19.07 for ath79 yourself (but don't expect much support)

Are you taking in account that many devices added during the last year
as ath79 won't be supported by a stable release.
Master is no good now for normal use. That will mean that for the next
year or so many users will require custom 19.07 builds.
That doesn't sound very good.

Initially ath79 was expected in 19.07, but it appeared that not all
devices have been ported from ar71xx. So we are not ready to drop
ar71xx, but we are ready to support ath79.
Are you serious that space is an issue?