[OpenWrt-Devel] flock clash with msmtpq-ng-mta

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Sat Jan 5 03:54:52 EST 2019

On 2019-01-04 2:14 a.m., Marcel Telka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrade from LEDE 17.01.4 to OpenWrt 18.06.1 I noticed that
> mailq from
> the msmtpq-ng-mta package no longer works:

So I have bad news -- I'm upstream and I deprecated / abandoned the
msmtpq-ng as a bad idea.  I could probably be convinced to bring it back
if there were use cases that actually made sense (what I realized is
that the queuing was of limited use on flash system because a reboot
loses all queued messages anyway in the default (RAM) config, and I
wouldn't want to queue onto flash for limited writes concerns).  If
there was a good case I think I'd fixup the shell script only until I
had replaced it with a decent C implementation of a similar concept
(preferably using a reasonably small smtp library to do avoid
reinventing the wheel).

Regards,

Daniel