[OpenWrt-Devel] Do all devs follow GitHub or is list still the preferred discussion location?

Daniel F. Dickinson cshore at thecshore.com
Sat Jan 5 03:18:37 EST 2019

So I got 'yelled at'[0] for saying "Would you be willing to send this or
something based on it to the openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org list?
That's the best place to discuss distro wide stuff like this.
someone is taking this up!" in a PR discussion[1].

This begs the question, is the list the 'official' preferred location
for discussions or is it more of an 'in practice' some devs just prefer
the list but 'officially' both are equally supported.  If the latter, is
it actually even possible to change that, and if not shouldn't official
policy match practice rather than having false expectations?  Not that
I've seen much on the list lately aside from patches from those used to
that submission method, so is it perhaps rather moot?

Anyway I had always understood the list was the 'official' venue for
discussion.  Is that wrong?

[0]https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1713#issuecomment-451634092

[1]https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1713#issuecomment-451633502

Regards