[OpenWrt-Devel] ath9k broken

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Tue Jan 1 18:36:36 EST 2019

I have found that my ath9k-based WiFi card is malfunctioning with recent
OpenWrt master builds. I build things myself, but my configuration
(both the build configuration and /etc/config/wireless and so on) has
not changed other than doing a "git pull" to get the latest source from
https://git.openwrt.org/openwrt/openwrt.git.

I have a R52n-M miniPCI inside a Microtik RouterBoard 493G.

Running iwinfo detects the card and prints the appropriate information.
Running ifconfig also prints the card's information.  Running "brctl show"
shows the WiFi adapter bridged with my Ethernet interface.

Despite this, none of my client devices detect a WiFi signal from
the card.

Has anything changed with respect to how to configure things? Is there
a bug in the ath9k driver?

--
Mike

:wq