[OpenWrt-Devel] ath9k: fix dynack in IBSS mode

Joe Ayers joe at ayerscasa.com
Thu Feb 28 10:37:56 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 1:59 AM Koen Vandeputte
<koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com> wrote:

> On 27.02.19 08:13, Lorenzo Bianconi wrote:
> >> <snip>
> > What I mean is just a p2p link running in AP-STA mode, I guess there is no
> > difference for users. Am I missing something?

The design of the out-of-box firmware for AREDN, there are many end
users that do not have IT skill set to change these settings at
/etc/config level.  Although, we could create high level UI setting
options.   The firmware is packaged so a "node" can boot live and will
simply work extending the network with no previous coordination of
config settings -- it can be in any logical network position: P2P,
P2MP, MP2P,  MP2MP.    Adding such a setting of this network position
could be a fallback option to consider, but not desirable.

> >>   Is dynack going to receive the late acks if I manage to run
> >> wpa_supplicant (wpad-mini?) in plaintext or key_mgmt=NONE mode?
> > What we really needs are authentication packets to trigger 'late acks'
> > in ibss mode. I think wpa_supplicant in plaintext is enough but I am not
> > 100% sure.
> > @Koen: could you please confirm it?
>
> Will try to test it asap.
>
> Regards,
>
> Koen

I'm also working to test, but may not be for several days.
wpa_supplicant would be required on both ends?  dynack is dependent on
ack's generated by wpa_supplicant?   This is an upgrade issue of
people using old and and new versions of the firmware at the same time
across a larger network.

Joe AE6XE