[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC openwrt-routing] batman-adv: Split batadv proto in meshif and hardif part

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Mon Feb 25 02:35:52 EST 2019

On Monday, 25 February 2019 02:24:56 CET Gui Iribarren wrote:
> have you considered, to simplify backwards compatibility, to keep proto
> "batadv" as it currently is (hardif) and naming "batadv_mesh" the new proto?

It was one of the goals to *not* name the batadv hardif interface proto
"batadv". And I wanted to have the batman-adv interface proto named "batadv"
because this is the rtnl kind string. So you actually create batman-adv
meshifs using:

   ip link add dev bat0 type batadv

But we can call this proto also "batadv_meshif" if there is a strong
preference for this name.

Kind regards,
	Sven