[OpenWrt-Devel] Lantiq DTS rename

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Dec 15 08:48:48 EST 2019

On 12/15/19 2:27 PM, Daniel Golle wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 02:10:14PM +0100, mail at adrianschmutzler.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I consider doing a DTS rename for lantiq target similar to what it's like on ath79 and what I did for ramips earlier that year.
>>
>> However, I wonder whether the "soc_vendor_model.dts" scheme is useful there, or whether it wouldn't be better to just use "vendor_model.dts" ...
>>
>> Any thoughts on this or any NAK in general?
>
> soc_vendor_model should be appropriate here is well. why not?

Yes please clean this up and use the soc_vendor_model model, I think
this is the common format in the Linux kernel.

Be aware that there is a pull request from Martin pending with some
changes to the existing files:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2216

Please also move the dts files into the lantiq subfolder at
arch/mips/boot/dts/lantiq/

Hauke