[OpenWrt-Devel] Inquery

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 14:32:41 EST 2019

On 11/12/19 18:54, Daniel Golle wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 05:37:26PM +0100, WRT Burner wrote:
>> On 11/12/2019 15:22, Daniel Golle wrote:
>>> And it's even needless to say that
>>> replying to a spam email in which ever way will always make it worse.
>>
>> +1. There is no constructive value in replying to spam. Let's keep openwrt-devel
>> nice and clean.
>>
>> On 11/12/2019 15:22, Daniel Golle wrote:
>>> You statement "suck it" (guess what) is also an obvious
>>> and disgusting example of a masculist culture which hurts our community
>>> as a whole and I strongly believe we should not tolerate that.
>>
>> -1. This is a software development mailing list, not tumblr.com.
>
> '-1'? So I get right, you are saying it's ok to be insulting other
> people because this mailing list is about software development?
> If that's really what you wanted to say, I'm glad that's only a single
> individual opinion coming from an email address which has never
> actually been used on this mailing list.
> And btw, this is your first 'contribution', and it's not even about
> software development...

He is just disappointed at your pointing out the "masculinist culture"
in a place where he expected more maturity.

Yours is mostly SJW-speak and I'm also not fond of it, I'll explain why.
It is a double-edged blade.
In this case your definition is technically correct, we all know what
"suck it" implies.
But this highly polarizing approach to life and people can (and does,
especially in its dens like tumblr.com as mentioned) slippery slope into
full blown hate and reverse oppression, which is equally bad.

I'm not impressed by your reaction here, first thing you do is a blatant
strawman logical fallacy and then proceed to attack him on his personal
values as a person without even asking to clarify his position first.
He just posted a single short sentence, for heaven's sake.

This is EXACTLY an example of slippery slope into blind hate rage as I
said above, and exactly why this kind of polarizing categorizations and
statements should be avoided at all costs in a serious and sane environment.

We should really not jump at each other's throats on a moment's notice
like that, especially not in a software development mailing list.

-Alberto