[OpenWrt-Devel] Introduce label MAC address

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Thu Aug 15 09:27:15 EDT 2019

Hi,

some time ago, I've started an attempt to bring MAC addresses typically found on "router" device labels/stickers to OpenWrt.

As for the MAC address setup itself, this is based on DTS for all the devices where it can be exploited, and on 02_network for the rest.

Since the patches are "ready" for quite a while and no major changes have been done recently, I wanted to bring this topic to the list so it might be merged eventually:

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2159

The attempt has already received several positive comments from other contributers :-)

Despite this initial PR, I've started another PR for ramips in the meantime, which due to the waiting should be in a mergeable state already, too:

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2253

However, the latter one is lower in priority from my point of view.

I would be happy if this was merged (and the feature was approved by that). This would also ease implementation for open device support PRs and patches, where it's currently really hard to keep track.

Best

Adrian