[OpenWrt-Devel] Bumping ar71xx to 4.14

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.l-h at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 15:49:59 EDT 2018

Hi

On 2018-10-05, Koen Vandeputte wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Regarding bumping ar71xx to 4.14, from my point of view all known issues
> seem to be fixed.
> Therefore, I'm planning to actually make 4.14 the default for this
> target mid next week.
>
> If you still have issues which would not allow this, please let me know
> asap. (and provide a log of the issue please)

It's been a while since I last tested it (migrated to ath79 with all
my devices meanwhile), but I successfully tested the initial port with
these devices:

- TP-Link TL-WR941ND v2 (AR9132)
- TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1 (AR9132)
- TP-Link TL-WDR3600 (AR9344)
- TP-Link TL-WDR4300 (AR9344)

The size increase of kernel 4.14 will be very hard for all 4 MB flash
devices though, especially for release images with luci preinstalled;
not that this would be avoidable or fixable.

Given the quite good state of ath79, it might be useful to lift the
source-only flag for it soon.

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann