[OpenWrt-Devel] ath79 ascii mac + led open drain

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 17:23:23 EST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a dlink dir-825-c1 working with a device tree setup.
So far it can boot, the partitions are correctly set up, the Ethernet
ports seem to work and the wireless devices are coming up.

I'm a bit stumped with mac addresses as well as LAN port leds, though.

In ar71xx ath79_parse_ascii_mac() is used (for this and some other
boards) to get the macs. But I don't see any equivalent in ath79. For
now I try to use target/linux/ath79/base-files/etc/board.d/02_network to
set the mac addresses like this:

dlink,dir-825-c1)
        lan_mac=$(mtd_get_mac_text "mac" 4)
        wan_mac=$(mtd_get_mac_text "mac" 24)
        ;;

But currently that doesn't work out. I must be doing something wrong.

I think it would be great if something like ath79_parse_ascii_mac()
could be added to of_net.c. I'm not a programmer, so for me that would
be tough :) Is it possible that somebody please adds this?

And the leds from the Ethernet ports are still just dark. I saw that
".open_drain" is set to "true" in the ar71xx mach file. Anybody knows
what the equivalent config is in a DTS file?

Thanks for reading!

Kind regards,
Seb