[OpenWrt-Devel] Custom cases for Netgear r7800?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sat Nov 3 04:54:02 EDT 2018

Ben Greear kirjoitti 2.11.2018 klo 22:20:
> ... customized cases for the Netgear r7800
>
> In particular, I'd like to get access to the serial port in a nice way,

This is not a polished solution, but can help in development/debugging work:

It is rather easy to lead short serial patch cables through the side grill in
R7800. The cables can be attached to the serial header, if the pins are
bended slightly. I have permanently modified my R7800 that way. The cables
are hanging out of the router, but that doesn't bother me ;-)

See pictures at:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/netgear-r7800-exploration-ipq8065-qca9984/285/2

Ps. the audio jack trick explained by Alberto also sounds feasible.