[OpenWrt-Devel] Dont drop support of working devices, fix the build system

wnr2000v3 at memeware.net wnr2000v3 at memeware.net
Mon May 28 11:40:29 EDT 2018

I reported here an issue with the build system creating too big images:
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/help-required-to-fix-bug-porting-from-legacy-to-generic-build-form-wnr2000v3-4-32-device/14693

Borromini then reported this here:
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2018-May/012514.html

And now you want to thank me for reporting this by dropping support for
my device here?
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2018-May/012554.html

The device is working perfectly fine with all the snapshot builds. Its
the build-system that have to be fixed to not create images that are too
big. An advanced user told me that the device should be just ported from
openwrt/target/linux/ar71xx/image/legacy.mk to
openwrt/target/linux/ar71xx/image/generic.mk . He told that the modern
build system have this check for the size.

All i write here is already been written once in the forum post i linked
above.