[OpenWrt-Devel] mvebu: broken console on WRT32X (venom)

Michael Gray michael.gray at lantisproject.com
Sun May 27 07:58:28 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I’m out of ideas on how to fix this one. Please see my latest attempt [1]
which does fix the issue for WRT32X,
but most (tested WRT1900AC, WRT3200ACM) other mvebu devices become
unbootable.
I’m happy to test/implement any ideas, and have serial access to both of
the above devices.

Issue: WRT32X bootargs console gets corrupted on boot resulting in no
console, breaking various functions.
Potential fix: Use similar method to ipq80XX devices to mangle the
bootargs
Problem: causes other mvebu devices to lose all of their bootargs (still
show up but are “ignored” by the MANGLE)

I think that CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_FROM_BOOTLOADER and
CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_MANGLE
are not designed to be used together and may be causing the above problem.

Thanks,
Michael

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/920505/