[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving the mailing lists

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Fri May 25 19:45:55 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-23 02:45 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 17:24 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>>> PS: Remove this annoying tag '[OpenWrt-Devel]' from subject. XXI century in
>>> the world - all email clients already know how filters messages based on
>>> List-Id header.
>>>

>> Not everyone, plus lede mailing list also had prefix on subject line.
>
> Nevertheless, we shouldn't pander to the lowest common denominator.

1) How many people have their own mail server and can do *server-side*
mail filtering
2) In the absence of server-side mail filtering, what happens on mobile
email clients (I don't use mobile for email, but it's a very popular
thing among those who actually do more than make phone calls with their
phone and/or tablets with data) re: filtering.  Are there readily
available email clients for mobile than are reasonably easy to configure
to do filtering by List-Id?  In the failing to accommodate for mobile
access is a good way for a project to die a slow painful death.  For
that matter in 2018 there is a lot more cross-platform development,
including using Windows (and there Outlook/365 as primary email) even
for things like Openwrt development; again unless you want slow painful
death and irrelevance.

Regards,

Daniel