[OpenWrt-Devel] ipq806x and kernel 4.14 support / 18.06 kernel partition size?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Thu May 24 14:18:07 EDT 2018

John Crispin kirjoitti 24.5.2018 klo 18:44:

> On 24/05/18 17:42, Hannu Nyman wrote:
>> John Crispin kirjoitti 24.5.2018 klo 18:36:

>>> we need to break at some point regardless. we then need to break again
>>> when we migrate from swconfig -> DSA. my plan was to also make DSA work
>>> before the release and then just bite the bullet on this one.
>>>
>>>     John
>>

>> Funny, while I was writing my message to the mailing list, John actually
>> did the thing that I was contemplating, moving the sysupgrade break into
>> between 17.01 and 18.06 by bumping ipq806x in the 18.06 branch into 4.14.
>> Hopefully a good thing. Thanks.
>>

> I postponed the QCA8K/DSA update for ages due to breaking uci upgrade now
> that we have 2 breakages we might aswell do it now and get a recent kernel
> and QCA8k support.
>
>     John

Sounds like a plan. Now there is going to be some pain in moving to 18.06 in
any case, so taking a double dose and suffering the QCA8K/DSA change at the
same time sounds ok for me.

If would be super if there could be some uci-defaults transition script for
the QCA8K/DSA bump for preventing unnecessary soft-bricks.