[OpenWrt-Devel] incorrect commit for dnsmasq (dnsmasq: use "hostsdir" instead of "addn-hosts")

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:16:14 EDT 2018

Am 24.05.2018 um 09:16 schrieb Hans Dedecker:
>> possible and must not load hostfiles from other instances. The entry in
>> dnsmasq.init must be:
>
>> xappend "--addn-hosts=$HOSTFILE"
> Making such a change will break the host entries learned via odhcpd as the
> entires are put into the odhcpd file residing in the /tmp/hosts dir

For running two instances of dnsmasq, this is a must have. If two instances of dnsmasq are running, than you will hide
some informations between the instances. In this case you can't use odhcpd or can it use for the interfaces of one
dnsmasq instance only. In my configuration, the first dnsmasq instance provides dhcp v4 and dns caching for a network
with tor access only. The second instance is used for the common things for all other networks (dhcp v4, statefull dhcp
v6 for link local addresses, dns resolver, dnssec ...). Odhcpd is for stateless dhcp v6 for the networks of the second
instance only. Odhcpd doesn't create a hostfile, so I don't see this issue.

A solution may be, to use different hosts directories for every dnsmasq instance.

Regards,
Hartmut