[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving the mailing lists

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 23 14:37:46 EDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-05-23 at 20:05 +0200, Bas Mevissen wrote:
> On 23/05/18 17:55, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> >
> > Citeren Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se>:
> >
>   (...)
> >

> > > But one thing that is a little anoying after the move is that for some
> > > mails I get same thing twice and I'm not sure why.
> > Most likely because people are still cross-posting to lede-dev and
> > openwrt-devel (like you just did). Being the same list now, this means
> > you'll get the same thing twice.
>
> I would suggest closing the lede-devel mailing list with a bounce to use
> openwrt-devel instead. Or have a filter that removes the duplicates as
> it is really annoying.

Or only doing the lede-dev → openwrt-devel redirect if openwrt-devel
isn't already in Cc (which isn't generally the right thing to do as the
actual To:/Cc: headers are utterly cosmetic and don't necessarily bear
any relationship to the actual destination of the mail, but would be
tolerable in this case.

Easier perhaps, just remove lede-dev from the cosmetic To:/Cc: headers
as the message passes through the list. Then when people Reply-to-All
they won't reply to both addresses.

I'll look at the latter.