[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWRT mtd tooling vs mtd-utils

David Oberhollenzer goliath at sigma-star.at
Fri May 18 05:49:52 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm the current maintainer of upstream mtd-utils. Earlier today, Levente tried to
submit a patch for a "package/system/mtd/src/jffs2.c" on the mtd mailing list:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2018-May/081087.html

I took a brief look a the OpenWRT source tree and to me, this appears to be a home
grown utility of the OpenWRT project but then I came across this thread on the
OpenWRT mailing list, that explicitly asked to submit the patch to the mtd mailing
list:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2018-May/012314.html

Can somebody help clarifying the situation here? Does the OpenWRT actually have its
own mtd/ubi tooling? Was this extracted from the mkfs.jffs2 source code at some point
in the past (which would *maybe* make the patch relevant to mtd-utils)?

Thanks,

David