[OpenWrt-Devel] Latest OpenWRT on Gemini v4.14

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Mar 13 17:52:40 EDT 2018

On 03/06/2018 11:43 PM, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> I have a forward-port hack-ish thing for Gemini,
>> this 500K patch on top of openwrt HEAD:
>>
>> https://dflund.se/~triad/krad/gemini/0001-gemini-Forward-port-to-v4.14.patch
>
> I have updated the patch after Hans Ulli Kroll and Hauke Merthens
> feedback and uploaded the result at the same URL.
>
> Even if we do not include this in the next release it would be good
> to work on these changes for the next to the next release I think,
> the build changes etc seem to work fine. I suspect it already works
> better than the old patches.
>
> Yours,
> Linus Walleij

Hi Linus,

We updated to GCC 7 as default compiler now, so this problems should be
solved.

I saw this dns313-header.c tool, this should better be added to
tools/firmware-utils/src/ which already provides tools for other
firmware header formats.

This "Copyright (C) 2009-2018 OpenWrt.org" is not really valid as
OpenWrt.org is no legal entity, please just leave it there if it already
exists and add your own if needed.

You changed the indention for the files in base-files form tabs to
spaces, please use tabs.

Could you send this for review as a full patch to the mailling list, or
if it is too big remove the patches you backported from the mainline
kernel for the review part, I trust the upstream kernel developers that
they reviewed this better than I can do it.

Hauke