[OpenWrt-Devel] 18.06: Cherry pick mtu fix

Jaap Buurman jaapbuurman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 03:13:34 EDT 2018

Dear all,

The move to kernel 4.14 broke mtu settings larger than 1500 by
default, unless the correct mtu was explicitly specified. The
following commit fixes this for the mt7621 target:
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=5da2c68d001ee44b15a58639ed03a0ebb6f68020

1) Would it be possible for someone to cherry-pick this to the 18.06
branch, so that it can receive widespread testing in the upcoming
18.06 RC1 release?
2) From the commit's message I get the impression this isn't an issue
with just mt7621, but with all targets that are able to handle a mtu >
1500. Is my impression correct in this regard, and is this something
that should be fixed before a 18.06 release? Changing mtu settings >
1500 does sound like basic functionality for routers nowadays.

Yours sincerely,

Jaap Buurman