[OpenWrt-Devel] uhttpd: add configurable client Cache-Control http header

Florian Eckert fe at dev.tdt.de
Fri Jul 6 03:05:19 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-05 12:53, Karl Palsson wrote:
>> > I just made all my code request js files with ?ver=xxxx version
>> > suffixes, so that only the right versions were cached.
>>
>> Yes i have seen this in luci but not in luci-ng.
>
> well, fix that? :)

I think the problem with caching could be split up in two topics.

* Web-server solution:
   The http 1.1 spec have this header defined for caching so why not use
them in uhttp?
   A lot of server send "Cache-Control: max-age=xxxx" and "Expire: 0"
additional to the
   other headers uhttp already sends ("Last-Modified: xxxx" and "Etag:
xxxx").

* Web-page solution:
   This is good practice in the wildlife to solve this if we could not
change the web-server configuration.
   But luci-ng does not append a version string to files for now.
   By the way this is similar to the "Etag:" header.