[OpenWrt-Devel] mediatek: Add support for the UniElec U7623-02

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:16:43 EDT 2018

Hi Pavel,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 8:20 PM, Pavel Ivanov <pi635v at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  Kristian !
> In your instructions for the firmware U7623-02, you write about
> repartitioning emmc (tftpboot $ {loadaddr} <name of mbr file>).
> Sorry, i do not understand where I should take the mbr file?

You need to create the mbr yourself. I have attached the small script
I use to create the mbr for my device. The only thing you need to do
is to set SECTORS to the number of sectors on your device (the value
in the script is correct for the 8GB eMMC). You might also want to
change the location of OUTFILE, as the script creates a (temporary)
file of the same size as the eMMC on your U7623. I tried to wrap my
head around ptgen, so that the mbr can be created during the build,
but I didn't quite manage to get the partitions aligned the way I want
to. I will give it another go this week, so that we can remove, or at
least simplify, this step :)

BR,
Kristian