[OpenWrt-Devel] Booting D-Link DNS-313, kernel requirements for OpenWRT?

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Mon Jan 22 15:47:11 EST 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:12 PM, Hans Ulli Kroll
<ulli.kroll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> the DNS 313 has finally arrived.

Nice!

> Some notes about the USB-B recepticle.
> If you connect with USB *only* the SATA disk shows up as a USB-SATA
> device. Looking at the PCB traces and knowing about the USB gadget support
> of the FOTG device, I think this is done via software in the bootloader.

Aha! I have all the code for the bootloader actually.

D-Link included it in their code dump.

> I didn't test the USB host function, I need some special cable here
> USB-B to USB-A female adapter ...

Hm OK I see.

I think the most reasonable usecase is as slave however, with
OpenWRT supporting USB mass storage though the gadget.
(If OpenWRT can do such stunts? I guess it can?)

> And I think the HT48F06E, if this one is at the upper left corner of the
> PCB, is missing.

Weird so it isn't even needed! I still wonder what it was for...

Yours,
Linus Walleij