[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sat Dec 15 16:49:20 EST 2018

Rozhuk Ivan <rozhuk.im at gmail.com> [2018-12-16 00:34:06]:

> Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
>
> > I'd favor accepting the basic board support for such boards but disabling
> > the image generation (commented out).
>
> Its a bit strange situation: OpenWRT contain few dozen rt3xxx dts profiles,
> and you will build all of them, ecxept few new added.  I dont know how often
> image generetad for all boards, but at least once per month or for release -
> should not be a problem.

I understand jow's statement differently. If the image wouldn't fit in the
flash, then the image generation would be disabled. Please note, that we're
now on 4.14 kernel, next release should be probably based on 4.19, which will
be perhaps bigger then 4.14, resulting in more image build failures.

-- ynezz