[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 03:21:19 EST 2018

> On Dec 7, 2018, at 08:29, Shaleen Jain <shaleen at jain.sh> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> [...]
> The point about these boards requiring a lot of modification to be useful is simply not true.
> I have a TP-Link tl-wr841n-v11 running the master branch with kernel 4.14 with luci
> and sqm-scripts + miniupnpd with no problem at all.
>
> The only change I had to do was disable IPv6 and the opkg package from the build image
> resulting in the final image size of 3.8M
[...]

Jettisoning IPv6 seems like a size-reduction method that is not generally applicable, how is say ds-lite going to work on such a device?
This is fine for the use case of an experienced (of well coached novice) user who understands the consequences, but it does not seem like a generic way to produce smaller images sizes for all users, no?

-
	Sebastian