[OpenWrt-Devel] Add support for kernel 4.19

Daniel Engberg daniel.engberg.lists at pyret.net
Mon Dec 3 05:22:05 EST 2018

Hi Hauke!

First of all, great work and also thanks to the others who contributed!

I gave this a try on my Orange Pi PC (Allwinner H3) and it seems to run
fine overall. Ethernet TX is a bit slow (~65mbit using iperf3) while RX
does full line speed (~94mbit) more or less and USB also seems to work
as it should.

CONFIG_REGULATOR_SY8106A=y should probably be added to the kernel config
as it's need to make cpufreq usable on this board.

Looking at Armbian's repo we seem to lack a few kernel options which
might be useful in regards of thermal performance/power consumption.

CONFIG_ARM_CPUIDLE=y
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_MULTIPLE_DRIVERS=y
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_LADDER=y
CONFIG_CPU_IDLE_GOV_MENU=y
CONFIG_DT_IDLE_STATES=y

For those using A64/H5 the Armbian repo contains quite a bit of patches
which might be worth looking at.
https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev
It should also be noted that they're using
https://github.com/megous/linux instead of mainline but it seems close
to mainline in general.

Best regards,
Daniel