[OpenWrt-Devel] watchdog against router crash freezes?

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Mon Aug 27 12:52:08 EDT 2018

[…]
> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/ubus/system has watchdog information
Well, I was hoping for a watchdog daemon packaged in the repo to easily solve my issue..
I already set up a timer switch to cut electricity to both cable modem and router at 3AM + 3PM to reset them, but that is just a crude last-resort solution to have me cut off from remote access for 12 hours at most.

> That said, you may be seeing:
> https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/12121 where people have reported
> watchdog resets causing hard lockup on and off for a few years.
Thanks for the pointer, though I doubt that's my problem, as the issue has started before all of my attempts to activate the watchdog.

Regards,
#marcel