[OpenWrt-Devel] opkg: show license

Paul paul at makrotopia.org
Thu Aug 9 10:23:12 EDT 2018

Hi all,

most (all?) OpenWrt packages include a spdx [0] conform license variable
in the Makefile, however it seems rather hard to get this value once the
package is created. It would be very useful to include the following two
features for opkg:

* Show spdx license tag when using `opkg info <package>`

* Show spdx license tag in resulting manifest (maybe only via an
optional argument)

I requesting these feature due to this [1] post, which mentions the
image server I'm working on should (must?) mention licenses when
distributing compiled firmware images.

If I'm missing something please give me some pointers.

kthxbye I guess

[0]: https://spdx.org/licenses/
[1]:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/online-imagebuilder-and-upgrade-server/18110/20?u=aparcar