[OpenWrt-Devel] [openwrt/openwrt] Revert "ar71xx: ag71xx: Add connect message: fixed phy"

Daniel F. Dickinson cshored at thecshore.com
Thu Aug 2 04:58:28 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-02 01:59 AM, Hannu Nyman wrote:
> Daniel F. Dickinson wrote at Wed Aug 1 14:17:41 PDT 2018:
>
>> Is this reported to do nasty things *without* debugging?
>

> Daniel,
>
> I compiled for WNDR3800 and your commits totally broke the
> switch/interface detection/initialisation. That was with the default
> Openwrt kernel options. No adjustments for debugging.
>
> Like I wrote in my detailed bug message attached to your original PR and
> referenced in jow's commit message:
>
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/1217#issuecomment-409708087
>

> * reverting both your commits fix things in WNDR3800
>
> * reverting only the OOPS prevention leads into OOPS (no surprise), as
> your first commit adds the dev_info message code likely generating the
> OOPS.

I hadn't see the other notes until after seeing the commit message and
was looking for more info.  After reviewing I'm thinking that the issue
is that the changes break with external switches (since it works with
internal switch).  In any even as I concluded on the note on the PR,
they were supposed to cheap and easy 'nice to have' tweak and aren't
worth spending time on.  I apologize for the trouble they caused.

Regards,

Daniel