[OpenWrt-Devel] Fwd: OpenWRT Build Process broken on recent Debian NFS

Anton Ivanov anton.ivanov at cambridgegreys.com
Sat Nov 11 05:53:17 EST 2017

Resend (apologies, tried to send it to -users by mistake initially).

Hi all,

I am observing an interesting issue with the OpenWRT build process when
building on an up-to-date stretch host. It no longer works on NFS on
debian (it used to work).

If I run make with a clean freshly cloned directory tree on a normally
mounted filesystem it completes OK. If I do a fresh git clone, mount the
filesystem via nfs I get the following:

SHELL= flock /var/autofs/local/src/openwrt/tmp/.patch-2.7.5.tar.xz.flock
-c '    /var/autofs/local/src/openwrt/scripts/download.pl
"/var/autofs/local/src/openwrt/dl" "patch-2.7.5.tar.xz"
"e3da7940431633fb65a01b91d3b7a27a" "" "@GNU/patch"'
flock: /var/autofs/local/src/openwrt/tmp/.patch-2.7.5.tar.xz.flock: Bad
file descriptor
Makefile:23: recipe for target
'/var/autofs/local/src/openwrt/dl/patch-2.7.5.tar.xz' failed

The results are the same if I mount the system via autofs or directly
via command line mount. If I run the flock statement "by hand" it
completes OK as well so this happens only if it is invoked out of the
openwrt build process (I smell a race here somewhere...).

I wish I could pinpoint the exact moment it broke. However, as the
actual problem is with downloads/stamps it is difficult to determine the
actual point in time it stopped working.

I tried running the build on a "pristine" stretch with no updates it was
already broken so this most likely happened somewhere between jessie and
stretch.

Any ideas (I do not want to file a Debian bug before narrowing it down)?

A.

--
Anton R. Ivanov
Cambridgegreys Limited. Registered in England. Company Number 10273661