[OpenWrt-Devel] how to commit a diff to openwrt

Zoltan HERPAI wigyori at uid0.hu
Fri Jun 9 16:43:23 EDT 2017

Hello Yongkui,

Yongkui Han (yonhan) wrote:

> Hi openwrt community,
>

> I have tried to reach Steven Barth (cyrus at openwrt.org
> <mailto:cyrus at openwrt.org>) for a diff to enable ASLR PIE support for
> openwrt. I did not get response, instead I got the below reject message.
>

> 550 5.1.1 <cyrus at openwrt.org <mailto:cyrus at openwrt.org>>: Recipient
> address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
>

> So I would like to try this mailing list to seek advices on how to
> proceed. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> I have read the below two wiki links:
>

> https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/submittingpatches
>
> https://dev.openwrt.org/wiki/SubmittingPatches
>

> as long as I follow the steps in the above links, that is, to send my
> patches to the openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
> be fine, right?

Correct, if you have a larger patchset, please send it to openwrt-devel
so people on the list could comment on it and it'll be picked up by the
patchwork. If you have smaller patchset (f.e. trivial fixes), you can
also send pull requests against the OpenWrt github tree
(https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt). I've added Steven into cc, too.

Thanks,
Zoltan H