[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Mathias Kresin dev at kresin.me
Mon Jul 10 16:37:51 EDT 2017

10.07.2017 22:07, Damian Kaczkowski:
> Hello Sylwester.
>
> On 10 July 2017 at 20:10, Sylwester Petela <sscapi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I used the following pictures for visualising and flowing the traces.
>> The pictures are in the gimp format and have multiple layers:
>>
>> TD-W8980 - Annex A:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6qoeoy1a479yrz/tp-link_w8980v1.xcf?dl=0
>> o2 Box 6431 - Annex B:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jskzcnxvszdlraj/o2_6431.xcf?dl=0
>
> Your dropbox links does not work. Cloud you please look into this?
> Thanks in advance.

Most likely because these are links to my Dropbox. I'll send you a link
off-list. But I'm in doubt that it contains what you are looking for.

With a lot of help from Sylwester I've modified the Hardware of an Annex
A board in a way that it syncs on an Annex B line.

I had to change some bootstrap resistors to change the hybrid mode of
the VRX208. Afterwards I was able to load an Annex B firmware.
Unfortunately it was the last step I made.

Prior I changed some more resistors, some caps and the line transformer
to match the components to what I found on Annex B boards. Not sure if
it was really necessary.

I do not have a real clue what the AVM commands do. But it looks like
they are patching some (ram/register?) values of the VRX208. To my
knowledge, the VRX208 is an arc cpu and the xdsl firmware some kind of
operating system. But I could be wrong on this. There is literally no
information about Lantiq chips publicly available.

I already had a look at some AVM GPL tarballs, but none of them had the
xdsl driver/daemon source code included. Would be to easy for us...

Mathias