[OpenWrt-Devel] Bounty: simplify extracting/restoring kernel .config

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Jan 29 16:37:41 EST 2017

Hi.

I’m working on a project where I need to be able to force certain kernel configuration parameters from a script, to automate building tailored kernels for performance testing, certification, etc.

I love the way that I can use “scripts/diffconfig.sh” to save the deltas into a file… update the cloning/checkout of master over time, yet retain my saved overrides by doing a “cp ../my.config .config ; make defconfig oldconfig” and always end up with a known/good configuration.

Alas, I can’t do the same for the target kernel in a scripted way.

I’d like to put out a bounty for doing so.  If you’re interested, contact me via email to discuss the deliverable and the terms of payment.

Ideally, this would be of broad enough applicability that I’d want to upstream this back to OpenWRT for everyone, so keep that in mind as well.

Thanks,

-Philip