[OpenWrt-Devel] ubus network restart issue?

Matthew McClintock msm-oss at mcclintock.net
Mon Jan 16 18:51:57 EST 2017

All,

I've seen a pretty easy to reproduce ubus issue related to network
restart. I've tested this on various releases include the recently
release LEDE branch as well as OpenWrt CC. I've also tested on more
than one target and with various delays including as long as 2
minutes.

Before:

root at lede:/# ubus list
dhcp
file
iwinfo
log
network
network.device
network.interface
network.interface.lan
network.interface.loopback
network.interface.wan
network.interface.wan6
network.wireless
service
session
system
uci

root at lede:/# while true; do ubus call network restart; sleep 10; ubus list | gre
p network || { echo network failed; ubus list; break; }; done

[ snip - always about 6-7 iterations of the while loop ]

network failed
dhcp
file
iwinfo
log
service
session
system
uci

The end result is that we're unable to make ubus calls to all the
missing objects and we're stuck in this state getting an 'Object not
found' message if we try to operate on the missing items. Running
/etc/init.d/network restart will recover from this state.

Any one have ideas? Any ideas on where to start?

-M