[OpenWrt-Devel] Using kdump... persistent logs, etc.

Syrone Wong wong.syrone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:44:35 EST 2017

According to LEDE's source code:

config KERNEL_CRASHLOG
  bool "Crash logging"
  depends on !(arm || powerpc || sparc || TARGET_uml || i386 || x86_64)
  default y

https://github.com/lede-project/source/blob/master/config/Config-kernel.in

It is enabled by default on some targets and will be available at
`/sys/kernel/debug/crashlog` on next boot after crash.

The implementation detail can be found here:
https://github.com/lede-project/source/blob/master/target/linux/generic/patches-4.9/930-crashlog.patch

Best Regards,
Syrone Wong