[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] Makefile question

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Feb 13 21:51:18 EST 2017

> On Feb 12, 2017, at 10:04 PM, Yousong Zhou <yszhou4tech at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 13 February 2017 at 11:23, Philip Prindeville
> <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

>>> Once you find this, may I suggest that you create /scripts/* and contribute the infrastructure to support it back upstream?
>>>
>>> I have seen a lot of people wanting to do similar things.
>>

>> Surprisingly, I’m still trying to find in the Makefiles where $(topdir)/files/ gets copied over…
>>
>> -Philip
>
> It's prepare_rootfs doing this job at the moment.
>
>                yousong

Hi Yousong,

I’ve been working on both OpenWRT and LEDE and needed to get some hooks working in OpenWRT so I focused on that first.

These are the changes I made, but I couldn’t get it to work.

Was wondering if anyone can run with this.

Part of the problem is making package/Makefile recurse with additional arguments and a different working directory…  When I try to do this, the submake of package/Makefile gets run without inherited variables like $(INCLUDE_DIR), etc.

Also odd is even though the top of package/Makefile says:

curdir:=package

when it recurses $(curdir) retains some other value like “target” or “toolchain”.  Not sure why.

Any guidance appreciated.

-Philip