[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt or LEDE to support industry device; BoardFarm testing
Dieter.Pfeuffer at men.de
Tue Aug 8 06:03:51 EDT 2017
2016 I ported Chaos Clamer 15.05 to our companies NM50 WLAN Access Point (https://www.men.de/products/switches-access-points/nm50/).
Then I tried 03/2016 to submit my modifications with a patchset "[PATCH 0/8] mpc85xx: Introduce MEN NM50 device support" to this mailing list - without success.
Now, I have to fix some issues and update the firmware for the device, but I don't now what is the right way to do it.
Should I upgarde to Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 or should I move to LEDE 17.01.2.
I know about the coming OpenWrt/LEDE merge, but unfortunately I found no detailed information about it (neither https://openwrt.org nor https://lede-project.org).
1. What is the better way, staying at Chaos Calmer or moving to LEDE?
2. On which one will the coming remerge be based?
3. Is there any deadline for the merge?
4. We still want to get mainline support for the NM50 in OpenWrt/LEDE. What is the right way to do it with success?
Today, I have read about the BoardFarm testing framework.
5. It is possible to run the tests locally in our company or is there one global test farm where all the targets run?
We have already a Jenkins server running and I could provide a NM50 for testing.
6. Where can I found more information about the BoardFarm testing framework?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Dieter Pfeuffer, Software Engineering,
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH, Nürnberg, Germany, www.men.de
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel