[OpenWrt-Devel] Looking for beta testers for new package: slide-switch

Jeffery To jeffery.to at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:47:37 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've written a small utility called slide-switch that translates slide
switch position changes into normal button presses.

For devices with a (3-position) slide switch, for example the TP-Link
TL-MR3020, the switch is usually represented to the system as two push
buttons. So a change to the switch position triggers one or two button
events, and finding the current position requires reading from two GPIOs.

Others have shared script snippets for specific devices, but I thought it
was time to create a package that anyone can install and start using their
slide switch without having to re-script the wheel.

I've combed the wiki for devices with a slide switch and have incorporated
their details, but since I only have a TL-MR3020, I'm unable to verify that
the package works correctly on those other devices. (I may also be missing
devices that have a slide switch but aren't described in the wiki.)

I'd like to make sure the package works on a few more devices before
submitting to the official package feed. So if you have a device with a
slide switch, I'd really appreciate it if you can install the package and
let me know if it works (or doesn't work) for you, either on this thread or
on GitHub.

Home page (with a list of supported devices):
https://github.com/jefferyto/openwrt-slide-switch
Packages for CC 15.05.1:
https://github.com/jefferyto/openwrt-slide-switch/releases/tag/0.9.0
(Not sure if these will install correctly on trunk; let me know if they
don't.)

Thanks in advance!
Jeff