[OpenWrt-Devel] TR-069 for OpenWrt (part 2)

Dirk Feytons dirk.feytons at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:26:05 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Back in May, when the conversations started about an open source
TR-069 solution for OpenWrt/LEDE, we committed to support this
initiative by open sourcing Technicolor’s in-house TR-069 solution.
This solution consists of three parts:
1) a TR-069 protocol agent,
2) a data model mapping framework (a.k.a. “transformer”),
3) a set of mappings implementing data models.

We are pleased to let you know that the first drop of our data model
mapping framework (part 2) is available on Github:
* https://github.com/dirkfeytons/transformer
* https://github.com/dirkfeytons/lua-tch

Why only part 2 so far? Because the discussions over the past months
have shown that bridging the world of OpenWrt/LEDE, UCI, uBus ... with
the world of TR-069, TR-098, TR-181 ... is the key problem to solve.
We chose to solve it by creating “transformer” and this choice has
worked out well for Technicolor. We hope that others will find our
code useful too.

This is the first drop of transformer on GitHub and we will follow up
shortly with Makefiles for the packages feed, tests, more
documentation, example mappings … Please bear with us. We definitely
welcome help and feedback from early adopters.

Dirk & Jos
Technicolor