[OpenWrt-Devel] Unable to read SMS with uqmi

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Nov 28 15:42:11 EST 2016

Hey Ameretat,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Ameretat Reith
<ameretat.reith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got a gl-inet Domino board having a Quectel UC20 UMTS/HSPA+ module [1]
> installed on.  I was under the impression that it can talk with QMI but then
> checked website, realized It's nowhere mentioned so. On the other hand on
> booting I see kernel `qmi_wwan` makes device `/dev/cdc-wdm0` and detects it
> as QMI undrestanding interface:
>
> [   47.272115] qmi_wwan 1-1.2:1.4: cdc-wdm0: USB WDM device
> [   47.277431] qmi_wwan 1-1.2:1.4 wwan0: register 'qmi_wwan' at
> usb-ehci-platform-1.2, WWAN/QMI device, 02:77:4d:a8:b1:ec
> [   47.287013] usbcore: registered new interface driver qmi_wwan
>
> I can even send some commands with uqmi to module, like setting PIN,
> scanning
> networks and registering on network; but I cannot read SMS while I can read
> them with AT commands from serial interface.
>
> I updated uqmi to last commit (d682e966615fc652da6e4e26b57aa3adfebeb2fe)
> and still `--list-messages` returns empty.  Linux version is 4.4.14.
>
> This is first time I play with a (presumably) QMI interface and my first
> exprience with OpenWrt.  I'm very grateful of any input giving me an idea to
> understand what is wrong and if It's something with uqmi I may be able to
> participate solve the problem.

uqmi will include in the --list-messages output SMS messages stored in
the UIM storage (e.g. the SIM card, QMI_WMS_STORAGE_TYPE_UIM) and also
only those flagged as not-read (i.e.g
QMI_WMS_MESSAGE_TAG_TYPE_MT_NOT_READ). If I'm not mistaken, here's
that selection:
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/uqmi.git;a=blob;f=commands-wms.c;h=700d79ff9636c3cdb06ef34d33c3f3ce21d226dc;hb=HEAD#l42

Could it be that the SMS messages you expect to see are in another
storage (e.g. in the device storage, QMI_WMS_STORAGE_TYPE_NV)?
Or, could it be that you don't have non-read SMS messages?

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es