[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE

mbm mbm at openwrt.org
Wed May 25 04:09:11 EDT 2016

> Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 23:26:37 +0200
> From: Rafał Miłecki<zajec5 at gmail.com>
> To: Hauke Mehrtens<hauke at hauke-m.de>
> Cc: OpenWrt Development List<openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>,  LEDE
> 	Development List<lede-dev at lists.infradead.org>
> Subject: Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE
[snip]
> *However*  I'd like to maintain 15.05 OpenWrt branch for some time (few
> months?). Unfortunately I feel unsure about my access to OpenWrt repo
> in the future. First some @openwrt.org e-mails were deleted/disabled.
> That made me ask about my commiting permissions:
> [2016-05-05] [14:41:32] <rmilecki> [mbm]: Kaloz: can we still commit to OpenWrt?
> [2016-05-05] [14:45:28] <wigyori> as far as I know you can
> [2016-05-05] [16:21:09] <matteo> rmilecki: yes
> it looked fine, but few days later I was kicked out of
> openwrt-hackers@ mailing list silently.

There is no relation between email addresses and commit access. At no
point was commit access revoked for any LEDE members nor have any email
messages been deleted. You are encouraged to continue contributing.

The hackers email address represents the primary point of contact for
OpenWrt, particularly in regards to donations. Following the surprise
LEDE announcement, forwarding rules for @openwrt.org email addresses
were disabled. This was done to mitigate further damage to OpenWrt due
to misrepresentation, intentional or otherwise.

It is hoped that the projects may yet merge and the email access will be
restored.

- mbm