[OpenWrt-Devel] [Make-wifi-fast] OpenWRT wrong adjustment of fq_codel defaults (Was: [Codel] fq_codel_drop vs a udp flood)

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon May 16 04:12:59 EDT 2016

On Mon, 16 May 2016, Roman Yeryomin wrote:

> On 6 May 2016 at 22:43, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>

>> That is too low a limit, also, for normal use. And:
>> for the purpose of this particular UDP test, flows 16 is ok, but not
>> ideal.
>
> I played with different combinations, it doesn't make any
> (significant) difference: 20-30Mbps, not more.
> What numbers would you propose?

How many different flows did you have going at once? I believe that the reason
for higher numbers isn't for throughput, but to allow for more flows to be
isolated from each other. If you have too few buckets, different flows will end
up being combined into one bucket so that one will affect the other more.

David Lang